The PE Premium : Background and aims
- PE Premium funding is ring -fenced money delegated to schools to ensure that they are able to fulfil the Department for Education’s vision of all pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
- The funding is provided to ensure schools achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in Primary Schools, securing improvement in the following areas:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, kick starting healthy active lifestyles.
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport
2014/15 PE funding